All should date back to eighteen
years ago, I was not a special but normal infant. Nevertheless a special thing
occurred on me when I was eight years old, I got the permission to enter a special
class beyond everyone’s expectation and even mine. From then on, my life seems
to be unusual. It makes my first time to try to be ahead of school’s schedule.
It also makes my first time to know there is a kind of things named competition.
Although I didn’t what it means to be gifted student and participate competition
at that time, I enjoyed the joy from solving problems and tried my best to
do it.
Five years from then, I devoted myself to Science Olympiad Competitions. It is like a black hole, once you went in, you would have difficulty getting out from it. Maybe I accumulated the ability diligently. With a little bit of fortune, I could started to have a dream that one day I can represent my country to participant competition, and that one day my country can take pride in choosing me. Unfortunately, it came to me that I failed four times in the coming four years. It forced me no longer to believe that I had it in me to do it if I really tried. And, I no longer had faith that success will come with hard work and perseverance. I gradually lost myself in the darkest region of my life, and doubted the meaning of my life. With a almost-despairing mind, I decided to give myself the last chance to demonstrate my ability in the fifth year, the last year in high school. It took a lot of nerve to make the decision, give up everything for the competitions. Even now, I can’t believe I made such a dangerous but brave decision.
Another
five years went by, as a “National Representative” to represent my country was
a dream came true for me, and the failure before seemed to be forgiven by
everyone. It is hard to imagine that “National Representative” was only a
dream far from me few months ago. It is hard to imagine that I was worried
about if I could get into an ideal university. And now I am an
undergraduate student, leaving the competitions forever.
Although once, all I did was sit in front of the television all day, trying to flee the hard time in my life. Although once, “National Representative” was only a crazy and remote dream. In the end, all comes to be wonderful. It is not for the honor I gained in IPHO, but for standing again after a series of falling down. Is also not for the happiness to final result, but for the hard work I made during the process. It is true that the competitions took me a lot. Nonetheless, it made me gain more, to be friends with those who share the same interests with me, and to devote my time to what I actually like. And through the process, I understood that fortune might sometimes be indispensable for success, for none can ensure he must success. I understood that hard work and perseverance don’t guarantee success, but something wonderful always come from a craze dream. Thankfully, I feel I am opening the new leaf of the book of my life, pursuing a new craze dream now. And for that I am truly grateful!

沒有留言:
張貼留言